Leica Camera Seeks Sport Optics Nature and Photo Sales Manager
Position: Sport Optics Nature & Photo Sales Manager
Start Date: immediate
Over more than a century Leica Camera has mastered the balance of art and engineering - achieving an immutable harmony of form and functionality. Visit Leica Sport Optics at http://us.leica-camera.com/Sport-Optics.
We are dedicated to developing optical instruments of the highest standards. The company has a tradition of precision manufacturing and technological innovations which have steadily positioned the brand at the forefront of the sport optics industry and has enabled it to establish an unsurpassed standard of excellence.
Leica Sport Optics has a longstanding tradition of quality, excellence and cultural competence. We’re looking for a Sport Optics Sales Manager – Nature and Photo. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of sales success with strategic accounts in the birding/nature/photo markets.
The position reports directly to the Director, Sport Optics and coordinates with internal teams.
Domestic travel is required. International travel may also be required.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. Start date: immediate.
- Develop and improve all aspects of the business relationship between Leica and its established accounts.
- Development and execution of sales and marketing goals for specified accounts
- Expansion of product mix available at retailers
Primary responsibilities include:
- Sales management for birding/nature/photo accounts, specifically for Sport Optics products.
- Monthly sales forecasting
- Coordination of all necessary dealer support assets such as training and POS material
- Implementation of new product launches
- Development and execution of marketing plans for Leica products within each dealer’s offerings.
Qualifications, skills and abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in sales management in birding/nature/photo.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, communication, business, or related field
- Possesses strong analytical skills. Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills, particularly influencing and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Take ownership of project needs/requests and ensuring they are facilitated through to completion within the required time frame.
- Set a professional example of behavior, attitude and results at all times.
- Trustworthy and able to work independently. Hands-on/Take charge personality.
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities
- High level of self-motivation and energy
50% Travel / 50% Home Office
Submit a cover letter and resume by email. Please, no “generic resumes” or “mass mailings”. Only genuinely interested candidates who submit personalized applications will be considered. References are not necessary with initial application.
Leica Camera Inc.