Job Title: Regional Sales Manager (reports to VP of Sales)
Location: Preferred East: Nashville, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Atlanta
Preferred West: Salt Lake, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas
The successful candidate is passionate about knives and the outdoor industry, likes to travel, meet with people, build relationships and operate with integrity. The Regional Sales Manager will increase the presence of the Company’s products and brand allegiance by supporting field representatives, partnering with existing accounts, focusing on new product awareness and identifying new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support field representatives to fuel sales and market share growth with existing and new accounts.
- Execute the Company’s overall sales and marketing objectives.
- Promote the benefits of doing business with Buck, advocating the value proposition with B2B and consumers.
- Responsible for Nat’l chains, independent dealers, buying group accounts, promotional and specialty retail.
- Conduct account analysis to maximize the product mix in accordance to customer demographics.
- Create strategic and tactical plans to achieve regional and account specific goals.
- Facilitate brand awareness and sales through meetings with accounts, trade shows, local events.
- Conduct market and account specific research to add value to the customer and provide feedback to Company.
- Forecast sales at the SKU level, providing annual projections and adjusting on a monthly/seasonal basis.
- Enhance Company presence at retail with promotions, merchandising, marketing materials.
- Convey technical attributes of Company’s products and conduct training with customers and sales reps.
- Assist in creating sales programs by region, territory and key accounts.
- Facilitate effective order process working with customers and inside sales administration.
- Bachelor’s degree or equal experience in business or related field.
- 3+ years business experience in sales
- 3 + years industry experience (outdoor/consumer sporting goods)
- Knowledge of buying structure for big box retail, chains, buying groups, independent dealers
- Proficient in MS Office apps, particularly Excel & Powerpoint, and virtual meeting apps.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, self-starter, results oriented, able to solve problems.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time and maintain a high level of effectiveness.
- Available to work remote, attend trade shows, events and meetings, and travel to headquarters.