Outtech is currently seeking candidates for a Director of Business Development. The primary responsibility of this role will be developing brand and product strategies and tactics that support Outtech as the premium sales and marketing brand in the Outdoor marketplace. The Director of Business Development will play a key role in developing and testing new products and innovative marketing solutions with the expectation that they can be marketed through our partners as resources and opportunities are available.
Responsibilities will include:
- New product commercialization from concept to launch.
- Develop strategies to maximize the impact of the Brand’s social media and promotional efforts with key retailers and core markets
- Communicate marketing objectives, strategies, rationale, and execution of programs to our key constituencies /partners
- Develop marketing promotions with independent and chain retailers as well as Direct to consumer channels
- Work with Partner brands and sourcing suppliers to evaluate product supply chain options
- Build launch plans and provide tracking mechanisms to report to partners and executive management
- Provide competitive features/ benefits comparison matrixes and identification of white space opportunities
- Work with Partners on brand development and positioning using consumer centric/ market specific data
- Soft goods / Accessories / Carry bags/ Dog products experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 7+ years job related experience in sales and marketing for CPG focused companies.
- Recent experience with Multichannel distribution models preferred to include 3rd party ecommerce and direct to consumer web site sales
- Understanding of P&L’s and KPI’s tracking success of product/ brand efforts expected
- Must be computer proficient, including the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to speak articulately in front of a group.
- Must be able to work well with team, conduct independent research, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must pay close attention to detail, have strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think both analytically and creatively.
- Must be highly motivated, assertive, and have the ability to work independently and manage time efficiently.
- Working knowledge of hunting, firearms, fishing and the outdoors is a plus.
- Position is remote with 25-30% travel expected, including overseas.
To learn more and to apply, please send resume and cover letter to HR@outtech-online.com
Established in 1989, Outtech Inc. is an 100% employee owned company (ESOP). Outtech is one of the outdoor industry’s leaders in sales & marketing, maintaining a portfolio of brand leaders across hunt, camp, fish, shooting sports and outdoor lifestyle categories. Outtech is staffed with a group of over 60 industry specialists spread across multiple divisions, with over 1,300 combined years of experience in the outdoor industry.
Sarah Freeman, Outtech Inc.
(330) 562-9929 or SFreeman@outtech-online.com