The Most Wonderful Time of Year: Fall Premiere Week Begins on Outdoor Channel September 20
Nine Shows Debut New Episodes/Seasons During Week of September 20-25
Brings a “Taste of the Wild”
DENVER – The most wonderful time of year lands in the middle of September on Outdoor Channel as Fall Premiere Week kicks off fresh content – “Taste of the Wild” – from nine of the network’s newest and popular programs. Just in time for fall hunting season, viewers can tune in beginning on Monday, September 20 for the new seasons from their favorite hosts – Steven Rinella, Tom McMillan, Terry Schappert, Nick Hoffman, to name a few, and find new favorites introduced such as YouTube legend Jorg Sprave, award-winning restauranteur Mario Kalpou and Michelin star restauranteur Mike Robinson.
- Farming the Wild (Season 3 premieres Monday, September 20 at 7 p.m. ET) – Farming the Wild celebrates hunting as a way of gathering sustainable wild food. The show educates, informs and focuses on the food aspect of hunting and gathering. The emphasis is on harvesting wild meat, rather than for sport or pleasure.
- Man Eats Wild (Season 1 premieres Monday, September 20 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Follow hardcore adventurer and award-winning restaurateur Mario Kalpou on an amazing journey across the globe harvesting wild food in the most extreme environments.
- MeatEater (Season 9 premieres Monday, September 20 at 8 p.m. ET) – Hunter, author, cook and conservationist Steven Rinella treks into the world’s most remote, beautiful regions, bringing game meat from field to table.
- Nick’s Wild Ride (Season 6 premieres Monday, September 20 at 8:30 p.m. ET) – Join country music artist Nick Hoffman as he travels the world to explore the sights, sounds, food, culture and music of the places where he hunts and fishes. It’s anybody’s guess what will happen when Nick gets his hands dirty.
- MCMILLAN (Season 9 premieres Monday, September 20 at 10:30 p.m. ET) – Host Tom McMillan tells the stories of his guided hunt business in Kansas – McMillan Outfitting, Inc. –his personal favorite hunting adventures and raising his son, Gatlin, in the great outdoors.
- Backyard Ballistics (Season 1 premieres Wednesday, September 22 at 7:00 p.m. ET) – Welcome to the world of Backyard Ballistics with YouTube legend, Jorg Sprave and Las Vegas auto technician, Cheyenne Ruether. Each week they are challenged to make some truly mind-bending machines by their fans. Viewers will follow them as they design, build and test some of the world’s most awesome backyard launchers ranging from car slingshots to machine gun crossbows.
- Kid Rodeo (Season 1 premieres Friday, September 24 at 8 p.m. ET) – “Kid Rodeo” is a docu-series that follows a select group of kids, families and their coaches as they pursue their rodeo dreams. You don’t make it to the junior rodeo finals without years of hard work, dedication and tireless training. And in rodeo, especially in the modern era, building a better cowboy means starting young.
- Back 40 (Seasons 1 and 2 premieres Saturday, September 25 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – From Steven Rinella’s MeatEater, Inc. production team, “Back 40” is a show about a purchased farm of 64 acres in the heart of Michigan that is a small property with a big vision.
- Hollywood Weapons (Season 5 premieres Saturday, September 25 at 8:30 p.m. ET) – Join U.S. Special Forces veteran Terry Schappert and firearms expert Larry Zanoff as they utilize the expertise of Hollywood’s premier prop house and weapons builder – and break down some of the most explosive action in Hollywood history.
About Outdoor Channel: Outdoor Channel has been taking viewers across America and around the world on unparalleled adventures since 1993. Dedicated to the outdoor lifestyle and conservation, the independent cable network is a division of Outdoor Sportsman Group and provides a complete spectrum of riveting hunting, fishing, shooting and adventure entertainment. Outdoor Channel is the largest outdoor TV footprint in the country and is available in more than 50 countries internationally. Outdoor Channel can be viewed in HD and is accessible by broadband and mobile platforms. For program times and other information, visit www.outdoorchannel.com. Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. #WhatGetsYouOutdoors. #MyOutdoorTV
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | Tom.Caraccioli@outdoorsg.com