DENVER –Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network) are rolling out a 14-city Hunt.Fish.Feed. tour partnering with cable/satellite operators nationwide beginning this spring to assist thousands of people in need. The tour calls attention to the seemingly endless problem of nationwide hunger by feeding less fortunate members of society with game meat and fish donated by area sportsmen and women across the country. Tour stops are listed below with the first occurring in Boston on March 30 where venison chili will be served at the Pine Street Inn.
Hunt.Fish.Feed., created by Sportsman Channel in 2007, is a unique outreach program that taps an underutilized food source—game meat and fish donated by sportsmen and women—to feed those struggling with hunger across America. An average deer will dress down to roughly 70 pounds of meat, which can feed nearly 150 of those in need.
"Hunt.Fish.Feed. is an opportunity for hunters and fishers from across the country to contribute to their community and help feed the less fortunate," said Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks. "Our intention is to continue to create awareness to this nationwide epidemic – hunger. Our networks, employees, as well as corporate partners are extremely proud of this program and help perpetuate our passion for the outdoor lifestyle into many communities across the country."
2016 Tour Stops
· March 30 – Boston, Pine Street Inn, partnering with Comcast
· April 4 – Minneapolis/St. Paul, Dorothy Day Center, partnering with Comcast
· May 3 – San Luis Obispo, California, partnering with Charter Communications
· June 7 – Spokane, Washington, partnering with Comcast
· June 21 – Fort Worth, Texas, partnering with Charter Communications
· June 30 – Sacramento, California, partnering with Comcast
· July 14 – Chattanooga, Tennessee, partnering with Comcast
· September 6 – Location TBD, partnering with Cable One
· September 24 – National Hunting and Fishing Day, St. Louis, Missouri and Springfield, Missouri, partnering with Charter Communications and Mediacom, respectively
· Denver, Colorado, partnering with DISH Networks
· Washington D.C., partnering with Congressional Sportsmen Foundation
· Detroit, Michigan, partnering with Comcast
· Manchester, New Hampshire, partnering Comcast
Executive Chef and television host, Scott Leysath, along with volunteers gathered from each partnering location, will lead and prepare meals at each location. Local sportsmen and women's harvests donate the meat or fish and Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks fill in the remainder to make a complete meal service.
"It's been an amazing experience to work with the Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks since 2007 assisting to plan, create and serve meals to thousands of people in need," said Leysath. "Each shelter is a recipient of a nutritious meal that is organic, sustainable and renewable in nature. Our venison donations are always welcomed and we've been able to create ongoing donations between local sportsmen and shelters through our work."
Since 2007, Sportsman Channel has visited more than 50 cities with its Hunt.Fish.Feed. program, targeting areas with some of the highest homeless populations including: New York City, Los Angeles, Detroit, Denver, Orange County, Las Vegas, Houston and Washington, D.C. Thanks to sportsmen and women across the nation, more than 15,000 pounds of game meat and fish have been donated to serve more than 26,000 meals as part of the program.
Join the conversation about Hunt.Fish.Feed. online at http://facebook.com/huntfishfeed
About Outdoor Sportsman Group
Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world's foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen's Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Skylar Isdale | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 303.615.8838 | email@example.com