Position: Advertising Account Executive
Hours: Full-time M-F
Location: Tucson, AZ preferred; other remote locations considered
Who We Are
Hunting is an ancient tradition passed down from the earliest times of man to the present day. Hunters participate directly in the natural world and care enough to make sure that it continues in all of its awesome beauty and diversity.
Safari Club International is a U.S.-based organization of more than 50,000 hunters and nearly 200 chapters worldwide, dedicated to protecting the right to hunt and to promote wildlife conservation. Between SCI and its sister organization, the SCI Foundation, we have put more than $70 Million on the ground for conservation since 2000. In the U.S. and abroad, hunters are part of a system that keeps the rivers, forests and fields intact and maintains the wildlife.
This position is responsible for soliciting advertising for SCI publications, assisting advertisers in preparing advertising materials, and billing for advertising sold. Publications are the official word and voice of SCI/SCIF. The publications are the only mechanism within the organizations that reach every single member every single issue. Work is driven by production deadlines. Publications staff routinely interact with as many as 100 advertising clients per month. Incumbents also interact with employees at all levels of the organization, and other corporate partners worldwide.
All applicants should demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, hunting as an essential part of biologically sound and ethically responsible international wildlife management. The ideal candidate will have an existing knowledge of SCI’s current programs and mission, and be passionate about hunter’s rights.
- Researches advertising prospects and generates leads. Contacts leads to solicit advertising, obtains feedback from existing clients, maintains detailed record in data base of each call and actions taken or to be taken and schedules future call-backs.
- Confirms sale of advertising space; suggests possible advertisement layout, requests advertising materials; advises clients of size requirements, material specifications and deadlines, requests prepayment from new advertisers; and follows-up as necessary. Prepares and signs client contracts. Sends out renewal contracts and follows-through to encourage and negotiate renewal. Resolves problems and concerns of clients.
- Writes and files insertion orders for advertisers placing advertisements in Safari Magazine or Safari Times. Reviews insertion orders to verify that correct rates, production fees and discounts are applied for each client.
- Prepares the inventory of advertisers for each issue of Safari Magazine and Safari Times and other publications, as needed, to produce layouts for the Safari Times production staff.
- Works with the Accounting Department and direct supervisor to refer overdue accounts to collections. Sends credit adjustments to the Accounting Department as necessary.
- Responds to advertising inquiries.
- Maintains contact with ad coordinator regarding materials for production as necessary.
- Arranges travel to attend trade shows visits current advertisers and calls on prospects to solicit advertising.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This position requires a High School Diploma and 3 years of related experience.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and previous experience in advertising sales for print publications is preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and exceptional customer service.
- Must be proficient with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and graphic presentation software programs and have the ability to become proficient with proprietary software needed for the performance of the essential functions of the position.
- Strongly prefer ACT software fluency.
Safari Club International offers a full benefits package. Please go to our careers page to view our Benefit Summary: https://safariclub.org/careers/
Please submit your interest and résumé online at https://www.safariclub.org/careers