We work where we play! Turning pursuit into passion, AOB delivers brands that move you because our success is measured in moments that matter.
This position is responsible for the full life-cycle of recruiting, including sourcing, screening and attracting talent for all American Outdoor Brand locations. The Recruiter will support the development of local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources, as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas including, but not limited to social media.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field required.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of Human Resources experience preferred
- 3 - 5 years of proven experience in a recruitment role utilizing behavioral interviewing preferred
- Experience sourcing and establishing strategic partnerships with staffing agencies and establishing new channel and alternative recruitment source; Strong vendor manager skills related to recruitment activities such as search firms and job boards.
- Must have experience on mapping and sourcing resumes from all sources.
- Must have strong experience in utilizing applicant tracking and database management systems, ADP experience preferred
Competencies and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Clear understanding of the end to end recruitment lifecycle processes.
- Strong understanding of employment law AAP/EEO reporting.
- Must be results driven and able to partner with stakeholders to understand their business needs and use functional expertise to create business impact.
- Strong team player that takes the initiative to collaborate within HR team and the business to drive results, with a focus on continuous improvement and ability to drive an outstanding signature candidate experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong command of the English language, in both verbal and written communications
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage full life-cycle recruiting process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels within multiple business units and locations.
- Build applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Work with hiring managers and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are clearly understood and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Develop strong relationships and partner with hiring managers, business leaders and HR.
- Regular follow up with the respective hiring managers and candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process and maximize effectiveness of recruitment process.
- Track and report key metrics designed to measure and predict staffing activity.
- Actively participate in all staffing related activities and engage in cross functional projects.
- Avoid legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training
- Maintain AOB’s LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc. as it relates to AOB Careers and new hire
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
- Works in an office environment.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
- Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.