Position Overview: American Outdoor Brands is proud to create some of the industry’s most popular products for enthusiasts across many outdoor recreational activities. As an established leader in the outdoor space, we strive to hire the most passionate employees that understand the needs of our consumer base. The Marketing Coordinator is a pivotal role to help coordinate the efforts of the Brand Managers and support the broader marketing team. This role will primarily be responsible for copywriting support for each brand, working directly with Digital Marketing Specialist to execute vision for online marketing campaigns, contract management and organization, auditing content alignment with brand positioning, disseminating content to internal and external partners, assisting with merchandising and trade marketing, planning and coordinating grass root events and tradeshows, and supporting with any needed brand management task.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field
• 2+ Years of Brand Management, Product Management, or Marketing Experience
• Passion for the outdoor industry is preferred
Competencies and Skills:
• Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
• Ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
• Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
• Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
• Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Aid in execution of vision from brand management and support alignment of positioning across the entire division so all marketing and product development is consistent with brand strategy.
• Support Digital Marketing Specialists with execution of online marketing strategies.
• Maintain an annual trade show and event calendar.
• Coordinate logistics and aid in execution for marketing events (trade shows, writer’s events, ambassador events, etc.)
• Ship marketing booth, marketing collateral, and product to trade show and sales reps when necessary.
• Communicate trade show and event itinerary to internal employees.
• Coordinate Annual Rep Council Meeting and logistics (or other key meetings as needed)
• Copywriting for each designated brand(s).
• Content auditing and editing to identify areas for improvement.
• Maximize customer satisfaction by ensuring that all inquiries into the Marketing phone and email boxes are handled within a timely manner.
• Assist in coordination and management of TV, Print and Ambassador contracts.
• Assist with management of licensees.
• Assist in keeping marketing plan and calendar up to date.
• Coordinate product requests (T&E, Writer’s orders, Ambassador Orders and VIP orders) to make sure they are being processed in a timely manner.
• Prepare purchase orders and code invoices as necessary.
• SAP- review sales, entering of orders, product availability, customer numbers.
• Prepare weekly/monthly status reports for the Brand Managers.
• Conduct and execute special projects as required.
• Prepare PowerPoints for weekly/monthly meetings on potential sponsorships.
• Authorize Media and Sales orders.
• Track expenses and report budget status.
• Act as a general admin for the Executive and Senior Leadership team for Outdoor Products & Accessories (booking travel, expense reports, other duties as needed)
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
• Regular and predictable attendance is required.
• Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
• Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
• Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
• General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
• Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
Within any of our facilities, employees may be exposed to manufacturing noise, airborne liquid chemicals, fine particulate dust, ambient temperatures, and industrial lighting. Work environment is similar to most manufacturing and distribution operations. May be exposed to excessive noise, temperatures, hazards associated with working around moving machinery, work in confined quarters, exposure to vibrations and shop lighting, continuous exposure to hot temperatures, may be humid, odors, dust, continuous exposure to mechanical hazards, and occasional exposure to chemical hazards.
The following Personal Protective Equipment is required:
• Safety glasses with side shields and hearing protection required when on manufacturing floor
The use of additional personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required when a job task(s) is being completed in or around your assigned department or in another department, this includes safety eyewear, hearing protection, and safety footwear.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.