Progressive® Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition Hosts Region’s Largest Lineup of Fishing and Hunting Seminars
Suffern, NY The 2019 Progressive® Insurance World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition, presented by Stihl, returns to Suffern, New York’s Rockland Community College Thursday, February 28-Sunday, March 3. The annual event provides the ideal setting to stock up on everything needed for fun in the ‘Great Outdoors,’ featuring more than 250 vendors and sales on the newest boats, products, charters and outfitter bookings for fishing, hunting and travel. In addition, the World Fishing & Outdoor Expo hosts the area’s most comprehensive schedule of seminars on a variety of outdoor topics led by local and nationally-recognized experts.
“We have an amazing show planned this year and welcome everyone to experience the Mother Nature!” said Tod Alberto, Show Manager. “With so many incredible seminars and special guest speakers on the schedule, show goers have the unique opportunity to brush up on the outdoor skills needed for a successful day on the water or their next adventure.”
Some of the biggest names in the industry on deck to provide instruction at this year’s event include Jordan Lee, Brandon Palaniuk, Pat and Tony Salerno, John Crews, Seth Feider and more. Seminars will cover a wide range of topics including but not limited to, saltwater angling, fishing, hunting, tracking deer, working with hunting dogs and hunting big game.
2019 World Fishing & Outdoor Exposition seminar speakers include:
- Jordan Lee – One of only 3 back-to-back Bassmaster Classic Winners in history, Jordan will be chasing an unprecedented 3rd Classic win in a row in March.
- Brandon Palaniuk – “The Prodigy” is one of the most popular anglers on the professional bass fishing tournament trail today. 2017’s Angler of the Year, Brandon is a Federation Nation National Champion with 15 top 10 finishes, including four top 5 BASS Elite finishes in 2017 alone on the Bassmaster Elite Trails.
- Peter Fiduccia – “The Deer Doctor,” Peter is the host of the popular outdoor TV show Woods N’ Water Big Game Adventures. An author of 13 books on deer hunting strategies, sportsmen throughout North America acknowledge Peter as one of the nation's top whitetail deer hunting gurus.
- Captain Brian Bacon – A co-owner of Rhode Islands’ premier charter boat fleet, Big Game Sport Fishing located in Point Judith, RI, Captain Bacon has been fishing the Southern New England waters for most of his life. Brian has been invited to speak at many fishing trade shows, fishing clubs and seminars discussing the tactics, tackle and approach they use in targeting trophy Striped Bass to Canyon fishing.
- Saltwater Superday: Saturday’s show will feature a series of saltwater seminars by some of the northeast's top saltwater anglers, covering a variety of species and techniques.
- Whitetail Superday: Sunday’s show will feature a continuous series of whitetail seminars by some of the region’s top whitetail hunters, covering tracking and stalking tactics for a successful hunting season.
- Hunting Dog Demos: Mike Wagner from Dusty W. German Shorthaired Pointers in Palmerton, Pennsylvania, will be onsite to answer questions on gun dog training, as well as host demonstrations on how to train bird dogs with love, respect and understanding.
- Additional speakers include John Crews (freshwater angling), Seth Feider (freshwater angling), Terry Baksay (freshwater angling), Capt. Shamus Mara (saltwater angling), Capt. Peter Bacon (saltwater angling), Pat and Tony Salerno (hunting), Joe Zaffuto (hunting), Capt. Brian Rice (saltwater angling), Mark McQuown (fishing electronics), Capt. Paul “Butch” Kross (saltwater angling), Kate Fiduccia (culinary) and Frikkie Du Toit (trophy hunting).
Here’s a rundown of additional 2019 Outdoor Expo highlights:
- NEW! Rod’s Go Free – Thursday, February 28: Since it’s hard to go fishing without a “Rod,” anyone named Rod, or variations of, will receive free admission with a valid form of identification. Winning “Rods” are encouraged to use the hashtag #RodsFishFree to celebrate on social media.
- The Hawg Trough: Be sure to check out the 5,000-gallon fish tank loaded with monster largemouth bass! The nation’s top professionals will be demonstrating the latest in (and the tried and true) lures – the best way to see how a lure acts in the water is to see it firsthand.
- Fishing Simulator: Fun for anglers of all ages, show goers can spend the day rolling up their sleeves and trying their hand at an ultra-realistic, thrilling fishing simulator.
- Family Day – Sunday, March 3: The first 100 children 11 and under who arrive will receive a free rod and reel upon entry and all will receive completely free admission into the exposition. Once inside, they can participate in a scavenger hunt where a fully stamped checklist results in the opportunity to visit the Grand Prize Giveaway Booth
Tickets are on sale now at www.SportShows.com/suffern. For more information, check out the show online or visit the Facebook page @suffernsportshow, and explore the hashtag #NYWorldFishingAndOutdoorExpo.
About the Progressive® Insurance World Outdoor Fishing and Outdoor Exposition®, presented by Stihl
The Progressive Insurance World Outdoor Fishing and Outdoor Exposition is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.
This message may contain information that is privileged or confidential. If you received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments. Thank you in advance.