Job Opening: Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Evansville, IN 47711
Contact: Meghann Martin, 812-467-4449, firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Purpose: Manage the complete product cycle from concept, through development, to launch to obsolescence. Develop and manage the required timelines to ensure a timely launch and product availability. Establish and manage profit goals.
· Develops new products and improve existing products within category
· Proposes potential new product categories
· Works with purchasing on materials/vendors sourcing and cost negotiations.
· Determines sales price, seeks input from Sales Team
· Develops and tracks new product development timelines to ensure timely launch
· Prepares product and packaging specifications
· Manages product inventory
· Builds relationship with key customers and maintain awareness of retail marketplace
· Achieves product category sales and margin requirements
· Analyzes the market to determine direction of product line, brand share and market trends
· Collaborates with sales, marketing and engineering regarding new product ideas
· Works closely with Marketing and Sales to proactively market product
· Has full P&L responsibilities for assigned categories
Qualifications & Requirements
· Bow hunter, archery competitor or a passion to participate in the sport.
· Bachelor's Degree in business management or mechanical engineering with some business experience.
· 3+ years of related sporting goods or consumer product experience required
· Possesses excellent analytical and planning skills
· Exhibits well-developed verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
· Exhibits problem solving and decision-making abilities
· Sitting, talking and listening
· Lifting up to 50 pounds
· Stooping and kneeling
· Fine motor coordination
· Office environment
· International and/or domestic travel required