The Director of Trade Show develops and directs the overall strategic planning, budget, and execution of the ATA’s annual trade show. Collaborates with stakeholders, sales, and marketing to develop the business objectives, concepts, deliverables, and timelines for the show.
• Develop and direct the overall strategic planning and execution of association’s annual Trade Show
• Lead budget development and financial reporting process for all Trade Show program areas
• As a key member of management, work closely with CEO/President and Board of Directors on strategic planning initiatives for the association
• Supervise, motivate and provide staff development for Trade Show team
• Develop, oversee and maintain a high functioning customer services area via phone and email
• Oversee and maintain adequate data management systems for trade show requirements
• Lead site selection RFP and negotiations for host city, venue and hotel package for annual Trade Show
• Lead floorplan development in collaboration with the Trade Show team and general service contractor
• Collaborate with marketing and communications team on sales plans and marketing and promotion campaigns to fill booth space and sell sponsorships.
• Develop and oversee implementation of event attendance strategies to promote registrations
• Work with Trade Show team to develop operational plans and timelines and assemble show schedules with input from all stakeholders
• Manage agreements and relationships with major Trade Show vendors including general service contractor, registration and housing, security, audio visual, and catering to ensure accurate delivery of services on time and on budget.
• Serve as the primary relationship manager with major exhibitors, members, sponsors, contractors and other key stakeholders
• A bachelor’s degree or extensive work experience that is directly related to trade show and event management
• 10+ years of experience in trade show and/or event management
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Must communicate effectively and professionally with all levels within the organization and with members, contractors, vendors, and stakeholders.
• Excellent collaborator with the ability to plan and prioritize work and move projects through to completion on schedule
• Innovative, resourceful and continuously seeking improvement with a focus on increasing efficiencies and providing exceptional customer service.
• Proficiency in MS Office, knowledge of show management software such as a2z and familiarity with MS Teams preferred
• Interest in archery, bowhunting, conservation and the outdoors a plus
Travel—National travel is required for this position, between 5-7 times per year. Job Type: Full-time, can be remote or based in New Ulm, MN
• 401(k) with match
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• LT and ST Disability
• Flexible spending account
• Life insurance
• Paid time off Schedule:
• 40 hour week, average 8 hour day
• Monday to Friday
Compensation package is commensurate with experience. ATA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by law.
Submission Procedure: Please submit a resume, cover letter, full contact information, salary requirements/range and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions without full contact information and cover letters will not be reviewed. Please list “Trade Show Director” in the subject line.
The Archery Trade Association is the organization for manufacturers, retailers, distributors, sales representatives and others working in the archery and bowhunting industry. The ATA has served its members since 1953. We work to increase the recruitment and retention of new, current and once-active archers and bowhunters. We are the driving force in defending, educating, and lobbying for the greater good of the industry and sport. We preserve and promote archery and bowhunting’s rich heritage to ensure active consumer participation, and successful manufacturing and retailing for generations to come. The organization also owns and operates the ATA Trade Show, the archery and bowhunting industry's largest and longest-running trade show worldwide.
For more information about us, please visit www.archerytrade.org.