Reports to: Managing Director of Field Operations – Eastern Operations
Department: Fundraising & Marketing
Date: February 2021
The Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, a non-profit, wildlife habitat conservation organization seeks an experienced individual to lead and manage RMEF’s Eastern Region. This position assists in setting operating policies and guidelines for fundraising, volunteer management, mission support, and public relations. This position assists the Chief Revenue Officer and Managing Director of Field Operations in implementing the strategic vision and overall direction to event-based fundraising. Duties include oversight, coordination, and management of event-based fundraising; chapter-based cultivation and solicitation of annual and major donors; volunteer management including recruitment, training, and leadership development; public relations between RMEF and private/public entities, agencies, or organizations; and promoting corporate sponsors in support of RMEF programs and mission. Bachelor’s degree required/proven equivalent experience may be considered. Five years of post-college experience in management, fundraising, working with volunteers and three years of experience working directly with event-based fundraising programs. To apply email letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled. RMEF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
1. Serves as the team leader for chapter-based activities throughout the region providing program oversight and coordination to regional staff and volunteers.
2. Assists regional staff to expand the number of volunteer chapters, donors and members in their regions in order to increase regional incomes and RMEF influence.
3. Assists regional staff to build a volunteer driven organization that can produce a sustained income stream capable of meeting budgeted financial needs.
4. Works with Regional Directors, volunteers, and others to raise philanthropic income toward the national and regional development goals.
5. Promotes the goals, objectives and accomplishments of RMEF by actively seeking positive public relation venues to increase RMEF’s name, accomplishments and recognition.
6. Establishes and maintains a regional communications network linking lead regional volunteers, staff, and others in order to effectively run the regional programs.
7. Assures that regional staff fulfill all necessary paperwork requirements associated with the complete performance of their positions in a timely and correct manner.
8. Solicits and promotes philanthropic gifts and stewards donors.
9. Provides guidance with developing regional teams including providing training, mentoring, etc. for regional staff.
10. Prepares, maintains, and communicates a short weekly progress report for the area of responsibility tracking events and net revenue.
11. Prepares, analyzes, and tracks monthly income, net to gross ratios, and error rates for the region.
12. Maintains a professional visibility and acts as liaison among state, federal and local agencies, universities, sportsmen groups, conservation organizations, businesses, corporations and the general public in order to promote the best interests of RMEF.
Represent RMEF as a speaker, participant, representative or partner at various local, state, regional and national public events.
Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Proven equivalent experience may be considered. Possesses at least five years of post-college experience in fundraising, or working with volunteers with preferably three years of experience working directly with event-based fundraising programs. Must have a minimum of five years of management experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Thorough knowledge of the RMEF’s mission, goals, organizational structure and activities, including biological, social and political elements that shape them, and the ability to promote them.
2. Knowledge and comprehension of fundraising techniques, including event-based fundraising and traditional development methods of cultivating donors for major gifts. Thorough knowledge of the RMEF’s Big Game Banquet program and the roles of staff and volunteers in carrying out RMEF fundraising methods through events.
3. Ability to motivate, train, coach, and manage Regional Directors to accomplish their individual and region’s goals. Work effectively to improve and enhance skills of direct reports by providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback, coaching and mentoring, and ensuring that tasks or projects are clearly and thoroughly explained and understood.
4. Knowledge and ability to manage direct reports including recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring, setting goals and holding staff accountable for performance expectations.
5. Create a cooperative climate of teamwork between the national office, other regions, and his/her region by working collaboratively with all other RMEF personnel in order to achieve RMEF goals.
6. Ability to develop and manage budgets. Must be fiscally responsible.
7. Ability to perceive and understand long-term goals, to participate in the development, implementation, and analysis of programs that are cohesive, progressive, and that meet organizational needs.
8. Demonstrate flexibility and creativity to meet changing priorities while always moving toward established goals.
9. Must represent RMEF in a professional manner and demonstrate strong communication skills and the ability to work with a variety of entities.
Extensive travel of a week or more is required. Must be able to work any day of the week, including Saturday and Sunday, and be able to work late at night (often after midnight). Must be capable of sitting for long periods in car or airplane, able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods, and stand for intervals of 2-6 hours.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.