You can still join us in Franklin, Tenn June 15-17! Register here: https://professionaloutdoormedia.org/poma-business-conference/
- I’m there. And frankly, I would like to meet you.
- Networking opportunities are spot on – every year I either gain a client, or I’ve solidified a relationship with a current client. How do I solidify a relationship with a current client? I sponsor a cocktail hour and put their name on it. This year, it is Thursday night for Steelhead Outdoors.
- Range Day is F-U-N. I’ve been getting out to the range with my hubby much more in 2020 and 2021, so I feel more confident – and smarter – about the questions to ask manufacturers. The best part is they LOVE to answer my questions. : )
- Find great content for your blog/podcast/other: Myself and many others have recorded engaging and insightful podcasts from the ‘conference floor.’ My goal is to walk away with at least two guests to book for my podcast, “Off the Record with The Sporting Chef & Michelle”
- You could win a gun: one time, at POMA conference, I borrowed $2 from Fredy Riehl of Ammoland.Com so I could buy a chance for a Remington handgun. I won it. Fredy now has visiting rights to the gun.
- You could help someone: you never know where you could help a fellow freelancer, or editor, learn more about something you know very well – like how to do Instagram Reels….or even how to sharpen a knife, as I was shown by Tom Claycomb five conferences ago. And the best part? They’ll remember you helped them and hopefully they can return the favor someday. Tom and I still chat to this day and he’s been a big help to me.
- You never know what you’ll learn sitting around the fire: its true while on hunting trips and it’s still true at the POMA conference.
- We are near Nashville, where I’m told by Nick Hoffman random acts of music could happen at the conference. I hope so!
If you are going to the conference – ping me and let’s make sure to connect! See you in Tennessee, Michelle Scheuermann, editor, Archery Wire.