Under the direct supervision of the Director of Brand Management, the Associate Brand Manager will be responsible for product, brand and category research and development. The Associate Brand Manager will lead initiatives to compile and sort through vast amounts of data available to conduct market research, benchmark pricing in the channel, align marketing efforts and drive the new product development direction. The Associate Brand Manager will leverage their experience within the hunting and shooting industry to identify opportunities to strengthen our brand position to provide innovative, high-quality products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor industry trends and perform market research/analysis of products, brands and product categories.
- Conduct line reviews and end consumer perception of product offerings, (BTI and competitor) through online marketplace research, online customer reviews, internal Voice of the Customer data and other outlets.
- Compile and analyze sales figures, costs, profitability, inventory position, inventory turns and define trends monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assist the Director of Brand Management in aligning our marketing spend to the trends realized through data analysis.
- Identify areas of product/ brand growth through data analysis and make new product and product category expansion suggestions.
- Develop and coordinate the benchmarking of our prices through various product channels to strengthen our brand position.
- Support the Director of Brand Management in the setting of our retail prices according to the pricing strategy to maintain our competitive advantage.
- Identify, research, and suggest creative and profitable promotions for all trade channels, business categories and customer segments to maintain our footprint and take market share from our competitors.
- Manage Innovation Board Process and documentation.
- Be the lead for the Brand Management Team in VOC Meetings.
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, Purchasing, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service to communicate the brand strategy and how collectively we can work to strengthen our brand position in the marketplace.
- Assist sales department with product information and misc. supporting materials and projects.
- Train customer service on new products and provide daily support with product information.
- Develop, maintain and document work instructions relevant to the position.
- Manage copywriting, search terms, instruction manual writing and storage of such assets.
- Assist in product/prototype testing, feature and function identification/documentation.
- Assist with trade shows as needed.
- Maintain good housekeeping in personal area and all common areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and integrity of all product information and clearly and logically manage the storage of that information in the database.
- Assist the Graphics Department to support our strategic brand objectives, and our goal to provide quality and aesthetically appealing products to the end consumer.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in business, marketing or related field
- MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 3-4 years of experience in the shooting, hunting, reloading industry preferred, but knowledge of the industry is required
- Proven track record of utilizing and evaluating large amounts of data to come to fact based decisions
- Understanding of consumer psychology
- Passion for hunting and shooting sports
Competencies and Skills:
- Experience with MS Office, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize large amounts of data in a logical manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
- Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during key business deadlines.
- Must be team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
- Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.
Benefits include competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employee and qualifying dependents as well as 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, product discounts, and generous paid time off.
Link to apply: