Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation Seeks Policy and Communications Manager
The Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation (CSF) is seeking a Policy and Communications Manager to help promote CSF’s policy work and elevate the brand among elected officials, the outdoor media, conservation partners and the public. This position will be located in our Washington, DC office and will report directly to the Marketing and Communications Director.
Since 1989 the Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation (CSF) has maintained a singleness of purpose that has guided the organization to become the most respected and trusted sportsmen's organization in the political arena. CSF's mission is to work with Congress, governors, and state legislatures to protect and advance hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping. The unique and collective force of the Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus (CSC), the Governors Sportsmen's Caucus (GSC) and the National Assembly of Sportsmen's Caucuses (NASC), working closely with CSF, and with the support of major hunting, angling, recreational shooting, and trapping organizations, serves as an unprecedented network of pro-sportsmen elected officials that advance the interests of America's hunters and anglers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all website content and design;
- Edit and oversee content and distribution of weekly newsletter;
- Write and distribute press releases, media advisories, legislative issue updates, and other policy-related articles;
- Manage the Foundation’s press relations with reporters and assist the policy team with in-state press contacts;
- Manage design and execution of quarterly legislative reports and CSF’s Year in Review;
- Represent the Foundation as the media relations point of contact and assist with placing creative, policy-driven articles in national, state, and local media outlets;
- Manage the Foundation’s trademarks and website domains;
- Coordinate communications needs for several events throughout the year, including press relations, photography/video, and social media;
- Prepare talking points for senior staff, Board of Directors, event speakers, and Members of Congress as needed;
- Assist in the development of offline and online marketing collateral.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications or related field;
- Minimum of three years of relevant work experience (public relations, policy communications, journalism);
- Knowledge of legislative and regulatory processes;
- Excellent proof-reading, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment;
- Experience with InDesign and other Adobe Suite products;
- Strong journalistic and creative writing skills;
- Willingness to work non-traditional hours, when needed, including evenings and weekends;
- Willingness to travel to events outside of DC area when needed; and
- Knowledge, interest, and support of hunting, fishing, and professional wildlife management issues.
Sara Leonard | Policy and Communications Manager | Congressional Sportsmen's Foundation
110 North Carolina Ave, SE | Washington, DC 20003
W: 202-543-6850 ex: 11 | C: 202-699-0120 | email@example.com